IBMA is a trade association representing the manufacturers of Biocontrol solutions and is proud to have wide range of members to enrich the association.
- A large percentage of IBMA members are Small, Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- IBMA Members’ provide Biocontrol solutions to manage pests and diseases.
- IBMA Members’ Biocontrol solutions are preferred resources for conventional farming systems in integrated pest management (IPM) when intervention is required.
- IBMA Members’ Biocontrol solutions are normally suitable to use in organic farming systems.
International Biocontrol Manufacturers Association
Providing farmers with the best tools to effectively manage pests and diseases now and in the future For use in conventional IPM based and Organic farming systems, our members in the biocontrol industry are supplying modern, green tools inspired by, harnessed or harvested from nature to help protect the crops of today and, importantly tomorrow!More info...
IBMA has four professional groups representing the manufacturers of solutions from the biocontrol industry for the control of pests and diseases
- MACROBIALS - INVERTEBRATE BIOCONTROL AGENTS (IBCA) PROFESSIONAL GROUP
- MICROBIALS- MICROBIAL BIOCONTROL AGENTS (MBCA) PROFESSIONAL GROUP
- NATURAL AND BIOCHEMICAL PRODUCTS PROFESSIONAL GROUP
- SEMIOCHEMICALS PROFESSIONAL GROUP
IBMA, the voice of the Biocontrol Industry
The International Biocontrol Manufacturers' Association (IBMA) is the worldwide association of biocontrol industries producing microorganisms, macroorganisms, semiochemicals and natural pesticides for plant protection and public health.
Alternative, biological and non-chemical plant protection has become an important issue worldwide, in order to correct the negative impact and the risks associated with the extensive and often inappropriate use of conventional chemical pesticides.
Based on long years of intensive research and development, the "Biocontrol industry" is growing fast and can offer safe and cost- effective solutions to society.
IBMA was created in 1995 to represent the views of these biological control producers, which are mainly small companies with limited resources: Manufacturers, research organisations, extension services, consultants, distributors, all contributing to the development of biocontrol and participating in IBMA activities.
IBMA is an association active on many levels:
We proactively defend our members points of view on a political level, share our expertise with them and our members.
With members throughout the World, IBMA is a worldwide organisation for biological crop protection, sustainable soil management, animal health and public hygiene.
IBMA participate in the activities of international organisations such as OECD, FAO, WHO, the International Forum for Chemical Safety, the European Commission, etc…
IBMA actively seeks to form a global federation of likeminded regional associations and have already formed a working link with BPIA in North America.
IBMA Member Bio-ferm looks for an International Product Registration
As a start-up company of a group of companies with worldwide activities, Bio-ferm is specialized in the development and production of novel, innovative and intelligent plant protection products.
Symposium “Feeding Europe while reducing pesticide dependency“. Presentations available
We would like to thank all the speakers for having participated to our 4th Symposium on the 19th November and contributed to this debate. Their presentations are available here.
BPIA Upcoming events in 2016
- 1st and 2nd March: International Biocontrol Industry Symposium
- 3rd and 4th March: BioControl USA 2016 Conference and Expo